2016 Capital Project
On May 17, 2016, Broadalbin-Perth residents approved a $39.7 million capital project that will address urgent infrastructure needs, modernize classrooms, and improve safety and security.
The district began preparations for Phase 1 of the project in April 2017. Phase 1 work. Phase 1 construction was substantially completed by spring 2018. (Click the thumbnails, right, to view full-sized maps of the Phase 1 site work at both campuses.)
Phase 2 of the project began in July 2018 and is expected to continue through fall 2018.
Renovated and reorganized school buildings are scheduled to open for the start of the 2020-21 school year, and the entire project should be completed by the end of that school year.
Throughout the construction period, the district will post regular updates to this page.
July 10, 2018 – Work on the second phase of Broadalbin-Perth’s $39.7 million capital project will close the Broadalbin campus to through traffic this summer.
April 12, 2018 – Heading into Phase 2 construction of Broadalbin-Perth’s $39.7 million capital project this summer, the district is making plans to start paying back the bond anticipation notes (BANs) it is taking to pay for the project.
Nov. 1, 2017 – B-P’s new 1.6-mile nature trail, which doubles as a regulation cross country trail for the district’s teams, is now open and available for use by all district residents.
Sept. 29, 2017 – As work continues on Phase 1 of Broadalbin-Perth’s $39.7 million capital project, the district is looking toward the spring, when its baseball and softball teams will begin using the new varsity fields at the Broadalbin campus.
Sept. 11, 2017 – Patriot Field is closed Sept. 18-23 while the track is resurfaced.
More Capital Project News
- Broadalbin back entrance to reopen Thursday
- Perth parking lot to reopen for start of school year (Aug. 31, 2017)
- Board members tour capital construction areas (Aug. 21, 2017)
- Patriot Field re-opens for start of fall sports team practices (Aug. 14, 2017)
- Capital project update: Drone flyover (July 31, 2017)
- Capital project update: Week of May 22 (May 18, 2017)
- Capital project update: Week of May 1 (April 27, 2017)
- B-P breaks ground on $39.7 million capital project (April 21, 2017)
- B-P finalizes plans for Phase 1 of $39.7 million capital project (Nov. 21, 2016)
- B-P residents approve $39.7 million capital project (May 17, 2016)
- Flyover videos provide bird’s-eye view of proposed capital project work (May 5, 2016)
- B-P capital project construction timeline designed to avoid disruptions to student learning (May 4, 2016)
- Proposed B-P capital project to address safety concerns with parking, traffic flow (May 2, 2016)
- Residents speak with experts about proposed B-P capital project during April 19 forum (April 20, 2016)
- Proposed B-P capital project to address aging infrastructure, save money on annual maintenance (April 14, 2016)
- Through capital project, B-P seeks to capitalize on state building aid (April 12, 2016)
- Video summarizes proposed B-P capital project (April 11, 2016)
- Download the 2016 capital project newsletter (April 7, 2016)
- B-P looks to expand opportunities, increase efficiency through capital project (April 6, 2016)
- Solar array savings to help pay for B-P capital project (April 4, 2016)
- Board adopts $39.7 million capital project proposal (March 21, 2016)
- Building leaders describe program possibilities under 2016 capital project (March 11, 2016)
- Board of Education narrows options for capital project (March 3, 2016)
- B-P leaders present challenges, opportunities for 2016 capital project (Dec. 18, 2015)
- Residents invited to take first look at possibilities for 2016 capital project (Dec. 10, 2015)
- Committees convening to inform 2016 capital project (Dec. 4, 2015)
- B-P board reviews draft of building conditions survey (Nov. 10, 2015)
- B-P leaders visit Syracuse-area schools as part of research for capital project (Oct. 23, 2015)
- Broadalbin-Perth takes next steps toward solar project (Sept. 21, 2015)
- Residents invited to learn about options for 2016 B-P capital project (May 5, 2015)