2016 Capital Project
Broadalbin-Perth is in the midst of a $39.7 million capital project that addresses urgent infrastructure needs, modernize classrooms, and improve safety and security. The project was approved by voters on May 17, 2016.
The district began preparations for Phase 1 of the project in April 2017. Phase 1 work. Phase 1 construction was substantially completed by spring 2018. Phase 2 of the project was completed in fall 2018.
The district expects to break ground on Phase 3 of the project in spring 2020. Renovated and reorganized school buildings are scheduled to open for the start of the 2021-22 school year, and the entire project should be completed by the end of that school year.
Throughout the construction period, the district will post regular updates to this page.
April 12, 2018 – Heading into Phase 2 construction of Broadalbin-Perth’s $39.7 million capital project this summer, the district is making plans to start paying back the bond anticipation notes (BANs) it is taking to pay for the project.
More Capital Project News
- New nature trail open to community (Nov. 1, 2017)
- Capital project update: B-P preparing new baseball and softball fields for spring season (Sept. 29, 2017)
- Perth parking lot to reopen for start of school year (Aug. 31, 2017)
- Board members tour capital construction areas (Aug. 21, 2017)
- Capital project update: Drone flyover (July 31, 2017)
- Capital project update: Week of May 22 (May 18, 2017)
- Capital project update: Week of May 1 (April 27, 2017)
- B-P breaks ground on $39.7 million capital project (April 21, 2017)
- B-P finalizes plans for Phase 1 of $39.7 million capital project (Nov. 21, 2016)
- Flyover videos provide bird’s-eye view of proposed capital project work (May 5, 2016)
- B-P capital project construction timeline designed to avoid disruptions to student learning (May 4, 2016)
- Proposed B-P capital project to address safety concerns with parking, traffic flow (May 2, 2016)
- Residents speak with experts about proposed B-P capital project during April 19 forum (April 20, 2016)
- Proposed B-P capital project to address aging infrastructure, save money on annual maintenance (April 14, 2016)
- Through capital project, B-P seeks to capitalize on state building aid (April 12, 2016)
- Video summarizes proposed B-P capital project (April 11, 2016)
- B-P looks to expand opportunities, increase efficiency through capital project (April 6, 2016)
- Solar array savings to help pay for B-P capital project (April 4, 2016)
- Board adopts $39.7 million capital project proposal (March 21, 2016)
- Building leaders describe program possibilities under 2016 capital project (March 11, 2016)
- Board of Education narrows options for capital project (March 3, 2016)
- B-P leaders present challenges, opportunities for 2016 capital project (Dec. 18, 2015)
- Residents invited to take first look at possibilities for 2016 capital project (Dec. 10, 2015)
- Committees convening to inform 2016 capital project (Dec. 4, 2015)
- B-P board reviews draft of building conditions survey (Nov. 10, 2015)
- B-P leaders visit Syracuse-area schools as part of research for capital project (Oct. 23, 2015)
- Broadalbin-Perth takes next steps toward solar project (Sept. 21, 2015)
- Residents invited to learn about options for 2016 B-P capital project (May 5, 2015)