On Jan. 12, 2023, a committee of more than 90 students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members came together to begin the work of developing Broadalbin-Perth’s next long-term strategic plan: Innovate 2.0.
The work of the Innovate 2.0 Committee concluded in March. Members of the community are encouraged to provide their feedback about the work of the committee by commenting on any of the below resources, completing the feedback form at right, or emailing Director of Communications Michele Kelley at email@example.com.
The original “Innovate”
“Innovate” was Broadalbin-Perth’s first comprehensive plan to revolutionize its schools. The plan featured long-term goals and the work that needed to be done to achieve them. The goals were based on the work of members of what was known as the 2028 Task Force, as well as academic data and excerpts from an enrollment study completed by the Capital Area School Development Association (CASDA).
Broadalbin-Perth began work toward achieving the goals outlined in “Innovate” during the 2015-16 school year. While the plan was designed to last five years, the COVID-19 pandemic extended the timeline of the plan through the 2022-23 school year.
- Goal 1 – Structure the learning environment to better promote student achievement.
- Goal 2 – Design and maintain school facilities that better support evolving 21st-century learning needs.
- Goal 3 – Create a strengths-based culture throughout the school community.
- Goal 4 – Fortify the school/home partnership to better encourage student success.
- Goal 5 – Leverage federal, state and community resources to better prepare students for college and careers.
- Goal 6 – Exemplify the importance and benefits of lifelong learning.
2016 CASDA Enrollment Study
As part of the work to develop “Innovate,” school district leaders consulted with the Capital Area School Development Association (CASDA) to complete a Comprehensive Student Enrollment and Facilities Usage Study.