Innovate: A Comprehensive Plan
“Innovate” is Broadalbin-Perth’s comprehensive plan to revolutionize its schools. The plan features long-term goals and the work that is being done to achieve them. The goals are based on the work of members of the 2028 Task Force, as well as recent academic data and excerpts from an enrollment study completed by the Capital Area School Development Association (CASDA).
Broadalbin-Perth began work toward achieving the goals outlined in “Innovate” during the 2015-16 school year. Work will continue through the 2020-21 school year and beyond.
Questions about “Innovate” and the work being done to achieve the district’s long-term goals should be directed to Superintendent of Schools Stephen Tomlinson at (518) 954-2500, option 5.
Click each goal statement to learn details of Broadalbin-Perth’s plans in each area, or click the image to download the complete comprehensive plan.
- Goal 1 – Structure the learning environment to better promote student achievement.
- Goal 2 – Design and maintain school facilities that better support evolving 21st-century learning needs.
- Goal 3 – Create a strengths-based culture throughout the school community.
- Goal 4 – Fortify the school/home partnership to better encourage student success.
- Goal 5 – Leverage federal, state and community resources to better prepare students for college and careers.
- Goal 6 – Exemplify the importance and benefits of lifelong learning.
CASDA Enrollment Study
To help guide the five-year comprehensive plan, the school district consulted with the Capital Area School Development Association (CASDA) to complete a Comprehensive Student Enrollment and Facilities Usage Study.