<< Return to “Innovate”
Structure the learning environment to better promote student achievement.
- 1.1 – Develop a MAP (My Academic Plan) for each individual student, taking into consideration aptitudes, abilities, learning styles, past achievement, and interest.
- 1.1a – Finalize a MAP template and outline procedures.
- 1.1b – Use the final template and procedures to create a MAP for each individual student, pre-K through grade 12.
- 1.2 – Structure the learning environment to be standards-based and student-centered.
- 1.2a – Clarify the curriculum to ensure it aligns with standards in order to improve student proficiency.
- 1.2b – Design and use multiple purposeful and reliable measures to gain a more complete understanding of each individual student’s progress toward meeting learning standards.
- 1.2c – Use data to inform actions.
- 1.2d – Fully engage all students in the learning process.
- 1.3 – Consider ways to creatively use the talents of all faculty to offer a variety of elective and mandatory courses to better help students prepare for college and careers.
- 1.4 – Institute an alternative schedule at the secondary level that maximizes existing human and capital resources.
- 1.4a – Plan the school day around the academic, physical and social/emotional needs of students.
- 1.4b – Extend learning time by using technology and offering learning opportunities at non-traditional times.
- 1.5 – Create opportunities for students to participate in learning activities outside of the traditional grade-level and academic subject grouping structures.
- 1.5a – Group students to differentiate instruction, taking into consideration students’ learning styles.
- 1.5b – Encourage students to explore their personal strengths as those strengths relate to the curriculum.