<< Return to “Innovate”
Leverage federal, state and community resources to better prepare students for college and careers.
- 5.1 – Collaborate with area colleges and businesses to develop a career readiness curriculum for all students in pre-kindergarten through grade 12.
- 5.2 – Develop an internship program through which students can earn course credit while exploring their career interests in the community.
- 5.3 – Establish a mentoring program, matching students with trained peers and/or adults in the school or community.
- 5.4 – Create year-round opportunities for community members and representatives from business and community organizations to teach students job and life skills, wellness activities and hobbies.
- 5.5 – Continue to aggressively pursue federal, state and corporate grants to fund the creation or expansion of innovative programs.