Skip To Main Content

Student Registration

Welcome to Broadalbin-Perth!

Step 1: Fully complete a grade-appropriate registration packet for each child being enrolled and complete the online registration form.

Pre-K Registration Packet  K-12 Registration Packet

Gather the following required documentation that will need to be uploaded for each child in the following step:

  • Child’s proof of age (ie. birth certificate);
  • Three (3) proofs of current residency for the parent/guardian (see below for accepted documentation);
  • Parent/guardian state-issued photo ID, passport, or government photo identification.
  • Child's current physical to be faxed by doctor's office to (855) 975-2702
  • Child's immunization records
  • Grade-level student registration packet;
  • Court orders/documentation (ie: custodial paperwork, etc. if it applies);
    • Without a court order stating otherwise, both parents listed on the student’s birth certificate will have equal access to the child and their records.

Step 2: Complete the online pre-registration form. This will be a step-by-step process for you to fill in your child’s information. You will be required to upload the documents that were listed in Step 1.

Click here to Start the registration process at our online registration system

Step 3: Submit your information and write down your confirmation details. Once submitted, please contact the district clerk, Lisa Schimmenti, at (518) 954-2501 or to set up an appointment to finalize student enrollment. All required documents must be COMPLETE and submitted through the online registration system BEFORE making the appointment with the registrar!

Examples of acceptable documentation

Proof of Residency

Only children who actually reside within the district can attend school at Broadalbin-Perth. Parents/legal guardians of all new students must provide proper documentation to establish residency.

Part A

It is necessary for you to provide at least ONE (1) current, acceptable form of proof: 

  • Renter with a current lease: A copy of the lease that includes landlord's name and telephone number.
  • Renter without a current lease: Please provide current rent receipt with landlord's name, address, and telephone number.
  • Homeowner: Current school taxes for Broadalbin-Perth CSD, deed, and/or mortgage statement.
  • If you just had your closing: Closing papers, including all Realtor information.
  • If moving in with someone else, that individual must provide one of the documents above PLUS a notarized letter stating that you are residing with them.

Part B

It is necessary for you to provide at least TWO (2) current, acceptable forms of proof: 

  • Utility bill(s) with current name/address
  • License and car registration with current name/address
  • Current hospital or health records
  • Bank and/or credit union account statement with current name/address
  • Voter registration card with current name/address
  • Income tax forms
  • Home or renter's insurance documents
  • Change of address form from the post office
  • Documents issued by a federal, state, or local government agency

Please note that any proof of residency that you choose MUST contain your physical address (not a PO box). Lease agreements should include the name of the owner or landlord, as well as their address and phone number.

Health Information

  • Proof of a physical exam completed within the past year. 
  • Proof of immunization.
    • Proof may be faxed to 855-975-2702 directly from the physician’s office. 
  • A completed authorization to administer medication form, if applicable.

Additional Documentation

  • State or other government-issued ID for parent/guardian.
  • Prior school records and test results.
  • Most current Individualized Education Program (IEP), if applicable.
  • Custodial or guardianship documents, if applicable.
    • Evidence of custody of the child includes but is not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers, or affidavits of custody from parent(s) and/or persons in parental relation.
  • Information related to a temporary living situation, if applicable.
  • Documents related to any prior name changes, if applicable.

Next Steps

  • Complete the online registration form.
  • Download and complete the PDF at the end of the online registration form.
  • Photograph or scan ALL documents, ensuring they are clear and easily readable, including:
    • Proof of age
    • Proof of residency
    • Parent/guardian state-Issued photo ID, passport, or government photo identification.
    • Health and immunization records 
    • Additional documentation as defined above
  • Email any additional documents to Include the name of the student(s) and the primary parent’s name and phone number in the body of the email.

If you need assistance with any part of the student registration process, please call Lisa Schimmenti at 518-954-2501.