Welcome to Broadalbin-Perth!
Step 1: Fully complete a grade-appropriate registration packet for each child being enrolled and complete the online registration form.
Gather the following required documentation that will need to be uploaded for each child in the following step:
- Child’s proof of age (ie. birth certificate);
- Two (2) proofs of current residency for the parent/guardian;
- Parent/guardian state-issued photo ID, passport, or government photo identification.
- Child’s immunization record;
- Child’s current physical;
- Grade-level student registration packet;
- Court orders/documentation (ie: custodial paperwork, etc. if it applies);
- Without a court order stating otherwise, both parents listed on the student’s birth certificate will have equal access to the child and their records.
Step 2: Complete the online pre-registration form. This will be a step-by-step process for you to fill in your child’s information. You will be required to upload the documents that were listed in Step 1.
Step 3: Submit your information and write down your confirmation details. Once submitted, please contact the district clerk, Lisa Schimmenti, at (518) 954-2501 or email@example.com to set up an appointment to finalize student enrollment. All required documents must be COMPLETE and submitted through the online registration system BEFORE making the appointment with the registrar!
Examples of acceptable documentation
Proof of Residency
Only children who actually reside within the district can attend school at Broadalbin-Perth. Parents/legal guardians of all new students must provide proper documentation to establish residency. It is necessary for you to provide at least two (2) acceptable forms of proof:
- A copy of a residential lease, deed, or mortgage statement;
- A notarized statement by a third party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent(s)/guardian(s) lease or with whom the parent(s)/guardian(s) live; and/or
- Such other statement(s) by a third party establishing the physical presence of the parent(s)/guardian(s) in the school district.
- A pay stub;
- An income tax form;
- Utility or other bills;
- Membership documents based on residency (e.g., a library card);
- Voter registration card;
- Documents issued by federal, state, or local agencies, such as a social services agency or Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement;
- Custody or guardianship papers.
Please note that any proof of residency that you choose MUST contain your physical address (not a PO box). Lease agreements should include the name of the owner or landlord, as well as their address and phone number.
- Proof of a physical exam completed within the past year.
- Proof of immunization.
- Proof may be faxed to 855-975-2702 directly from the physician’s office.
- A completed authorization to administer medication form, if applicable.
- Prior school records and test results.
- Most current Individualized Education Program (IEP), if applicable.
- Custodial or guardianship documents, if applicable.
- Evidence of custody of the child includes but is not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers, or affidavits of custody from parent(s) and/or persons in parental relation.
- Information related to a temporary living situation, if applicable.
- Documents related to any prior name changes, if applicable.
- Complete the online registration form.
- Download and complete the PDF at the end of the online registration form.
- Photograph or scan ALL documents, ensuring they are clear and easily readable, including:
- Proof of age
- Proof of residency
- Parent/guardian state-Issued photo ID, passport, or government photo identification.
- Health and immunization records
- Additional documentation as defined above
- Email any additional documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the name of the student(s) and the primary parent’s name and phone number in the body of the email.
If you need assistance with any part of the student registration process, please call Lisa Schimmenti at 518-954-2501.