Welcome to Broadalbin-Perth!
Registering your child for school begins with completing the online registration form. After completing the forms, schedule an appointment with the district registrar, Mary Chizek, which is necessary to complete the registration process.
You must bring the following to your appointment with the district registrar:
Child’s Proof of Age (one of the following)
- An original birth certificate with a raised seal;
- A valid passport; or
- A baptismal certificate.
Proof of Residency
Only children who actually reside within the district can attend school at Broadalbin-Perth. Parents/legal guardians of all new students must provide proper documentation to establish residency. It is necessary for you to provide at least one (1) acceptable form of proof:
- A copy of a residential lease, deed, or mortgage statement;
- A notarized statement by a third party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent(s)/guardian(s) lease or with whom the parent(s)/guardian(s) live; and/or
- Such other statement(s) by a third party establishing the physical presence of the parent(s)/guardian(s) in the school district.
- A pay stub;
- An income tax form;
- Utility or other bills;
- Membership documents based on residency (e.g., a library card);
- Voter registration card;
- An official driver’s license, learner’s permit, or non-driver ID;
- A state or other government-issued identification;
- Documents issued by federal, state, or local agencies, such as a social services agency or federal Office of Refugee Resettlement; and/or
- Custody or guardianship papers.
Please note that any proof of residency that you choose MUST contain your physical address (not a PO box). Lease agreements should include the name of the owner or landlord, as well as their address and phone number.
- Proof of a physical exam completed within the past year. Download the health certificate/appraisal form.
- Proof of immunization.
- Must be signed or stamped by a state licensed health care provider. Proof may be faxed to (518) 954-2629 directly from the physician’s office.
- A completed authorization to administer medication form, if applicable.
- Prior school records and test results.
- Most current Individualized Education Program (IEP), if applicable.
- Custodial or guardianship documents, if applicable.
- Evidence of custody of the child includes but is not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers, or affidavits of custody from parent(s) and/or persons in parental relation.
- Information related to a temporary living situation, if applicable.
- Documents related to any prior name changes, if applicable.
- Complete the online registration form
- Call the registrar’s office at 518-954-2631 to schedule an appointment to finalize your registration. Note, registrations are NOT complete without an appointment!