Starting Friday, March 13, all non-essential events, trips and activities in the Broadalbin-Perth Central School District involving gatherings of 100 people or more have been canceled until further notice.
District leaders announced this decision in coordination with the state Department of Health (DOH). While there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Broadalbin-Perth community, B-P is implementing guidance from DOH in support of their efforts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the illness caused by the novel coronavirus. Scheduled events will resume when the Department of Health advises that it is appropriate to do so.
Specifically, the following events have been canceled or postponed at this time:
- March 13 — BPMS College and Career Fair
- March 13 — Masterminds competition
- March 13-14 — BYC Little League Evaluation Day
- March 14 — Odyssey of the Mind Regional Competition (at Johnstown)
- Note, the state Odyssey of the Mind competition at Binghamton University has also been canceled.
- March 14 — BYC Basketball Game
- March 16 — PTO Meeting
- March 18-22 — Varsity baseball team trip to Myrtle Beach
- March 19 — STEAM Pirate Night
- March 20 — “Central Perth” Coffeehouse Open Mic Night
- March 21-22 — Fulton-Montgomery Home Show and Craft Fair
- March 24 — Portrait of a Graduate Presentation and Discussion
- March 27 — MS Semi-Formal Dance
- April 25-27 — Gr. 8 Travel Club trip to Washington, D.C.
- New York State Grade 3-8 English Language Arts, Mathematics and Science Assessments
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list and additional events may be canceled or postponed in the future. As of Friday, March 13, the fitness center at BPHS is closed to the public.
Please refer to the district website, including the district events calendar, for the most up-to-date information. Parents, employees and other individuals who have signed up to receive messages from the district through the Patriot Portal and the district’s mobile app will continue to receive regular updates about the district’s preparation for and response to the coronavirus in the coming days and weeks.