In an effort to mitigate the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Broadalbin-Perth Central School District has canceled or postponed all non-essential events scheduled during the month of April, as well as the senior citizens prom, which was scheduled for May 15.
There are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Broadalbin-Perth community. Classes are scheduled to resume on Wednesday, April 1.
Specifically, the following events have been canceled or postponed at this time:
- March 31 — Brooks BBQ Chicken Dinner Fundraiser
- April 2-5 — BPHS Drama production of “Seussical”
- April 6 — PTO Meeting
- April 8 — BPIS Amazing Math Race
- April 21 — Pre-K Parent Information Night
- April 22 — Capital Project Groundbreaking Ceremony
- April 25-27 — BPMS Travel Club Trip to Washington, D.C.
- April 28 — Portrait of a B-P Student Presentation and Discussion
- May 15 — Senior Citizens Prom
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list and additional events may be canceled or postponed in the future.
Please refer to the district website, including the district events calendar, for the most up-to-date information. Parents, employees and other individuals who have signed up to receive messages from the district will continue to receive regular updates about the district’s response to the coronavirus in the coming days and weeks.