Deadline to register your child for pre-K is May 20
Pre-K registration for the 2021-22 school year is in full swing at Broadalbin-Perth! Families are encouraged to learn more about the program by attending B-P’s upcoming Pre-K Information Night, which will be held virtually on Google Meet from 6-7 p.m. on Tuesday, April 27.
- Join with Google Meet: https://meet.google.com/ggw-abbd-tzn
- Join by phone: (US) +1 609-469-1783 (PIN: 755302138)
Families interested in having their child attend pre-K at B-P must fill out a registration packet and return their completed forms to the district by Friday, May 20. Families can request a registration packet be mailed to them by signing up here. They may also contact the district’s pre-K parent advocate Kaila Saltsman at 518-954-2702 or by email at email@example.com.
Pre-K program benefits
Children who reside in the Broadalbin-Perth Central School District and who will be 4 years old on or before Dec. 1, 2021, are eligible to attend prekindergarten during the 2021-22 school year. There are 90 available slots for the full-day prekindergarten program at B-P. Slots are filled through a lottery of families who have completed the registration process. It is not first come, first served.
More information/important dates
The Broadalbin-Perth School District provides transportation to and from school for all resident pre-K students. The district’s five pre-K classrooms are located in a newly constructed wing at B-P Elementary School in Perth, an expansion which was part of the district’s current Capital Project. The district employs staff members who can provide special services to pre-K students such as physical therapy, occupational therapy and English as a New Language program.
- Registration paperwork deadline: Thursday, May 20, 2021
- Lottery for in-district students: June 1, 2021
- Lottery numbers given to out-of-district students: July 1, 2021
(notification of possible placement Sept. 1)
- Pre-K screening: September 8, 9, 10
- Pre-K orientation: Tuesday, September 14
- First day for pre-K students: Wednesday, September 15