Board of Education: Qualifications, Numbers and Terms of Office
A Board of Education member of the Broadalbin-Perth Central School District must meet the following qualifications:
- A citizen of the United States;
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older;
- Able to read and write;
- A legal resident of the District for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year prior to the election;
- Cannot be an employee of the Broadalbin-Perth Central School District;
- The only member of his or her family (that is, cannot be a member of the same household) on the Broadalbin-Perth Central School District Board;
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office, including, but not limited to, Superintendent, tax collector, treasurer or librarian, or an employee of the Board.
- A Board member of a BOCES may not be employed by any of that BOCES’ component districts.
- Must not have been removed from a school district office within one year preceding the date of appointment or election to the Board.
Number of Members
The Board of Education of the Broadalbin-Perth Central School District will consist of seven members elected by the qualified voters of the District at the annual election as prescribed by law.
Terms of Office
Members of the Board of Education will serve for five years beginning July 1 following their election and each term will expire on the 30th day of June of the fifth year.