Duties of the Extra-classroom Activity Fund Central Treasurer and Faculty Auditor
The Extra-classroom Activity Fund Central Treasurer is appointed by the Board of Education and is responsible for the supervision of the extra-classroom activity fund.
The Treasurer’s duties include the following:
- a) Countersigns all checks disbursing funds from the Extra-classroom Activity Account;
- b) Provides general supervision to ensure that all receipts are deposited and that disbursements are made by check only;
- c) Maintains records of all receipts and expenditures;
- d) Submits records and reports to the Board as required;
- e) Assumes other duties customary to the position.
The Extra-classroom Activity Fund Faculty Auditor is appointed by the Board of Education and is responsible for auditing of all financial transactions of the fund.
The Auditor’s duties include:
- a) Examine the statement of accounts from the Central Treasurer once each month;
- b) Audit the ledgers kept by student treasurers at least twice per year;
- c) Examine transactions and procedures to determine if correct;
- d) Certify the accuracy of entries posted and available balances listed;
- e) Investigate instances when Central Treasurer’s report and club ledgers do not agree; and
- f) Prepare year-end report summarizing the financial condition of each activity and submit to Principal and Board of Education.