Assurance of Confidentiality Regarding Provision of Services to Children with Disabilities
Confidentiality of personally identifiable data.
- 1. Personally identifiable means:
- (i) the name of the student, the student’s parent, or other family member;
- (ii) the address of the student;
- (iii) a personal identifier, such as the student’s social security number or student number; or
- (iv) a list of personal characteristics or other information that would make it possible to identify the student with reasonable certainty.
- 2. Each public school, public agency and approved private school subject to the provisions of this part shall preserve the confidentiality of personally identifiable data, information or records pertaining to students with disabilities. Such confidentiality must be preserved in a manner consistent with the procedures adopted pursuant to section 200.2(b)(6) of this Part and/or in accordance with 20 U.S.C. 1232(g) and the provisions of Part 99 of title 34 of the Code of Federal Regulations or its successor and sections 300.610 through 300.625. (United States Code, 2000 edition, supplement III, volume two, 2005, Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC 20402-9328: 2004; Code of Federal Regulations, 2006 edition, title 34, Part 99, Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office, Stop SSOP, Washington, DC 20402-0001; Code of Federal Regulations, 2006 edition, title 34, sections 300.610-300.625, Federal Register/vol. 71, No. 156/August 14, 2006/pp. 46802-46804 – Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration, 800 North Capitol Street, NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20001 – available at the Office of Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities; Room 1624, One Commerce Plaza, Albany, NY 12234).
Adoption Date March 4, 2019