Work on the second phase of Broadalbin-Perth’s $39.7 million capital project will begin this week as the district strives to finish the planned exterior work at the Broadalbin campus this summer.
Starting the week of July 9, the Broadalbin campus will be closed to through traffic as work begins in the Patriot Field parking lot and the parking lot between the art and science wings.
Employees and fitness center users will be able to access the parking lot behind the building by driving along the new access road between the varsity baseball and softball fields. Employees and visitors who need to access the building through the main entrances or auditorium entrance should enter the campus at Bridge Street.
The following work is scheduled to be completed at the Broadalbin campus this summer:
- Patch the asphalt on Bridge Street between Broad Street and the Broadalbin campus entrance
- Expand parking in the pick-up/drop-off loop in front of TLC by replacing the center island with additional parking
- Add “No Parking” striping in the TLC bus loop and high school pick-up/drop-off area
- Replace the gate and patch the asphalt near where TLC students enter the playground area from the front of the building
- Completely re-pave the Patriot Field parking lot from the science wing to the microwave tower, and to the southeast corner of the high school gymnasium
- Add handicap parking spaces in the parking lot between the science and art wings
- Reverse the curb outside the high school gymnasium to allow for better traffic flow
- Install curbing in the Patriot Field parking lot to help with traffic flow
- Create bus pull-off areas for visiting teams between the Patriot Field and back parking lots
- Install a new pad and screening for the dumpsters next to the new parking lot across from the art wing
- Replace the fencing around the microwave tower
- Grade the area next to Patriot Field where current track and field events are held
- Create an area for track and field events – shot put, discus and pole vault – on the land adjacent to Patriot Field that the district purchased in 2017
- Install a new scoreboard and flagpole at Patriot Field
- Place boulders along the shoulder of the entrance road closest to Patriot Field to discourage illegal parking in that area
- Install gates at either end of the seasonal access road to the new baseball and softball fields
- Provide for water and sewer access to both Patriot Field and the new baseball and softball fields
- Install new exterior lighting site-wide, including replacing the heads of existing light poles and installing new poles in the Patriot Field parking lot
- Repair the district office entrance on Pine Street
Summer capital project work also includes replacing the PA systems at both campuses and continuing work to modernize the HVAC systems.
Work on all parking lots and sidewalks will be completed by the end of the third week in August. Grounds work will continue into September, and the exterior lighting should be installed by Columbus Day.