Below is the proposed project schedule provided to Broadalbin-Perth by its architectural firm, CSArch, for the 2016 capital project.
- Complete Building Condition Survey field work.
September through October 2015
- Meet with staff and administration about program needs.
- Complete draft of Building Condition Survey and present to the Board of Education.
November 2015 through January 2016
- Determine preliminary project scope.
- Develop preliminary costs and budgets for preliminary scope.
- Determine final scope and budget for bond referendum.
- Complete final five-year plan.
- Board of Education declares lead agency.
- SEQRA (State Environmental Quality Review Act) documents completed and distributed to interested parties.
- Board of Education executes SEQRA and capital project resolutions no later than Tuesday, March 29.
- Qualified residents vote on referendum on Tuesday, May 17.
June 2016 through June 2017
- CSArch produces construction documents and specifications.
July through December 2017
- The New York State Education Department reviews and approves construction plans.
January through February 2018
- Complete bidding process and award construction contracts.
March 2018 through August 2019
- Construction over an 18-month period, including two summer seasons.
- District takes occupancy of renovated buildings.
September through November 2019
- Project close-out.