The Broadalbin-Perth PTO is a nonprofit parent-teacher organization whose purpose is to:
- Enhance and support the educational and social experience of primarily pre-K through grade 8 in the Broadalbin-Perth Central School District.
- Develop a closer connection between school, home and community by encouraging parent involvement.
- Improve the environment primarily in pre-K through grade 8 through volunteer and financial support.
We are a diverse group of parents, teachers and community members excited about the future of our kids. At this stage in your child’s life, it is more important than ever to stay involved in their education. According to PTO Today Magazine, more than 500 independent studies show that when parents are involved in their children’s education, it makes a tremendous difference: grades and test scores improve, there are fewer discipline problems at home and school, and kids are less likely to use tobacco, drugs or alcohol.
PTO provides an excellent opportunity for parents to meet one another, get acquainted with the school and its staff, and support common goals. Plus, we have a lot of fun in the process!
The PTO needs your unique talents, whether it’s volunteering a few hours a month or a few hours a year, serving on the board, attending meetings, or sharing your ideas.
Through membership dues and fundraising efforts, the B-P PTO is able to donate funds to purchase educational materials and equipment, provide assemblies, field trips, teacher classroom grants, and sponsor other school activities. Membership is $5 per family and everyone is welcome!
The B-P PTO is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit charitable organization. This means your donation is tax-deductible!
The PTO meets at 6 p.m. the first Monday of the month in The Learning Community media center. Free childcare is provided. Bring your ideas!
Benefits of joining your PTO
- Support Broadalbin-Perth’s educational programs and extracurricular activities
- Encourage parents’ involvement in their individual children’s lives, education, class, and school
- Provide feedback and suggestions for school programs
- Coordinate programs and projects that will support or enrich the curriculum
- Provide feedback/assist with increased awareness of school safety and security issues
- Organize fundraising efforts to support some additional programs, equipment, and services not covered in the school budget
- Support the educational goals of the school and assist with attaining those goals through parent and community volunteerism
- Recruit volunteers and coordinate volunteer efforts to staff PTO functions and assist with school programs
- Stay aware of legislation and political issues that may impact education and school.
Join us and help make a difference in hundreds of lives, including the ones closest to your heart.