The Broadalbin-Perth Central School District is seeking qualified candidates for this leadership opportunity, effective October 1, 2019.
The Broadalbin-Perth Central School District is dedicated to the belief that the most important endeavor in any community is the cooperative effort of parents, community members, and educators to ensure the best possible education of its children. A rural district located in Fulton County, Broadalbin-Perth is recognized throughout the region and state as a district that is high performing, both academically and athletically. The faculty and staff are committed to a mission of equity, access, rigor and adaptability for all of our students. Our philosophy supports students self-selecting enrollment in advanced classes and expects every member of the learning community to continually adapt to meet the evolving needs of our students. In support of these commitments, the district provides students a rich array of opportunities to cultivate talents and realize success. Our faculty and staff are held to high performance standards and supported with comprehensive professional development, and the entire school system is focused on continuous improvement on behalf of the students we serve.
The Director of Physical Education, Health & Athletics is integral to the success of this mission, and the expertise and responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Providing visionary leadership to promote the development of an integrated, K-12 physical education, health, and athletic program
- Supervising K-12 curriculum, instruction, and assessment for the physical education and health education programs
- Observing and evaluating K-12 physical education teachers, health education teachers, and coaches to enhance teacher/coach performance
- Designing and delivering professional development to promote the growth of teachers and coaches, and to enhance program effectiveness
- Supervising all facets of a comprehensive and highly competitive athletics program to ensure student safety and compliance with relevant rules and regulations
- Engaging stakeholders, including students, parents, faculty, and community members, in a shared commitment to the goals of the athletic program and the district
The successful candidate will also demonstrate proven leadership experience, preferably with experience as a Director of Physical Education, Health & Athletics, and hold valid NYS teaching certification in health or physical education and administrative certification (SDA or SDL).
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including:
- Starting salary of at least $80,000 (higher with applicable leadership experience)
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Opportunities for professional development at the local, state, and national level
- Tuition reimbursement for continued graduate study
Interested candidates must apply online at www.olasjobs.org