Student Data Privacy
Supplemental Information Regarding Third-Party Contractors
In the course of complying with its obligations under the law and providing educational services to District residents, the Broadalbin-Perth Central School District has entered into agreements with certain third-party contractors. Pursuant to these agreements, third-party contractors may have access to "student data" and/or "teacher or principal data," as those terms are defined by law and regulation.
For each contract or other written agreement that the District enters into with a third-party contractor where the third-party contractor receives student data or teacher or principal data from the District, the following supplemental information will be included with this Bill of Rights:
- The exclusive purposes for which the student data or teacher or principal data will be used by the third-party contractor, as defined in the contract;
- How the third-party contractor will ensure that the subcontractors, or other authorized persons or entities to whom the third-party contractor will disclose the student data or teacher or principal data, if any, will abide by all applicable data protection and security requirements, including but not limited to those outlined in applicable laws and regulations (e.g., FERPA; Education Law Section 2-d);
- The duration of the contract, including the contract’s expiration date, and a description of what will happen to the student data or teacher or principal data upon expiration of the contract or other written agreement (e.g., whether, when, and in what format it will be returned to the District, and/or whether, when, and how the data will be destroyed);
- If and how a parent, student, eligible student, teacher, or principal may challenge the accuracy of the student data or teacher or principal data that is collected;
- Where the student data or teacher or principal data will be stored, described in a manner as to protect data security, and the security protections taken to ensure the data will be protected and data privacy and security risks mitigated; and
- Address how the data will be protected using encryption while in motion and at rest.
For additional information on Student Data Privacy, please contact: Mr. Marco Zumbolo, Assistant Superintendent for Business and Operations, 20 Pine Street, Broadalbin NY; phone: 518-954-2502; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Superintendent for Business and Operations