While classes are canceled at Broadalbin-Perth schools through March 31, individuals will still be in our school buildings to provide essential services to our families. However, it is important that all employees and visitors to the schools follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to help reduce the risk of community spread of COVID-19, the illness caused by the novel coronavirus.
Anyone planning or scheduled to come to B-P schools should first ask themselves the following questions:
- Have you traveled to another country within the last 14 days?
- Have you had contact with anyone being tested for COVID-19 within the last 14 days, OR with anyone with known COVID-19?
- Do you have any symptoms of a respiratory infection (e.g., cough, sore throat, fever, or shortness of breath)?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, please do not come to the schools.
Note, a child has a fever when their temperature is at or above one of these levels:
- 100.4 F (38 C) measured in the bottom (rectally)
- 99.5 F (37.5 C) measured in the mouth (orally)
- 99 F (37.2 C) measured under their arm (axillary)
An adult probably has a fever when their temperature is above 99-99.5 F (37.2-37.5 C), depending on what time of the day it is.
Students or parents who have medical questions while classes are canceled should contact Lori Nellis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-954-2610.