Dear members of the Broadalbin-Perth community,
With the opening of our new baseball and softball fields this spring, I am writing to remind you of our policies and procedures regarding community use of the outdoor facilities at the Broadalbin campus.
Most of our outdoor facilities are open for use by individuals and families for recreational purposes. However, teams and organizations MUST request to use the fields through our online facility management system at least two weeks in advance.
- JV Baseball Field: The old varsity baseball field is now the JV baseball field. This field is open for community use outside of regular school hours and whenever it is not otherwise in use by a team or organization.
- JV Softball Field: This field, which is the one closest to the playground at TLC, will be open for community use in future years. However, during summer and fall 2018, it will be off limits while the new grass takes root.
- Patriot Field: Patriot Field and the surrounding track are open for community use outside of regular school hours and when they are not being used by a team or organization.
- Cross Country/Nature Trail: The new cross country/nature trail is open for community use outside of regular school hours. Although pets and motorized vehicles are prohibited, you are encouraged to use the trail for walking, running, biking, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing. We ask that you respect the trail and carry your trash out.
- TLC Playground: The playground is open for community use outside of regular school hours.
Facilities that are open for community use are ONLY open from dawn until dusk and are off limits during the hours school is in session. It is important that residents adhere to these rules and the rules posted at individual facilities so we can maintain the security of our campuses and the safety of our students, faculty and staff. It is also important to note that all of these facilities – including the nature trail – are being monitored using security cameras.
While we recognize that our schools are a center of community activity, we also have a fiscal and legal obligation to protect the community’s investment in our schools. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us meet that obligation.
If you have any questions about the use of any of our athletic facilities, please contact Athletics Director Matt Ehrenreich at email@example.com or 518-954-2699.
Superintendent of Schools