Broadalbin-Perth teachers have shifted their remote learning focus to providing new instruction to students.
This has been a challenging and stressful period for our community. We appreciate the incredible efforts that our families are making to manage many personal, professional and educational responsibilities that it entails. We urge you to consider the health, safety and well-being of your family first and foremost and your child’s transition to remote learning secondarily. We understand that these are extraordinary times.
The following checklists encompass our expectations for elementary parents as facilitators of their children’s learning, as well as middle and high school students whom will be taking greater responsibility for their learning.
Elementary Parent Checklist
- Call the help desk if you have trouble connecting.
- Help your child to stay connected with their teachers.
- Help your child stay organized.
- Provide a quiet place to learn and a checklist of tasks to complete.
- Contact your child’s teacher if your child is confused or struggling with a lesson.
MS/HS Student Checklist
- Contact the help desk with any connection or Chromebook problems.
- Check into each of your classes on Monday for weekly assignments.
- Connect with the teacher via Google Meets as scheduled.
- Contact your teacher if you are confused and unable to complete an assignment.
- Organize your learning assignments and daily time commitments so that you can submit work by the due date.
Do you need internet service at home?
If you don’t have internet at home, Spectrum is offering free WiFi access to households with children who are learning from home while in-person classes are canceled. The 60-day offer is only available to households who aren’t already Spectrum customers. Installation fees are also being waived. Call 844-488-8395 to enroll.