Community Connections is an opportunity for all students in the Intermediate School to gather together once a month and learn about different civic organizations and topics.
Purpose and goal
The purpose of the program is to help build the intermediate school’s sense of community while enhancing academic performance. We hope to achieve this goal by modeling and reinforcing proper behavior and expanding our curriculum through supplemental activities designed to improve students’ thinking, listening and speaking skills.
Things to remember
- Begins at 2 p.m. in IS gym
- Check calendar each month for date
- We will be gathering once a month
Monthly themes for 2019-20
The schedule and monthly themes are sent home with students at the beginning of the school year.
- Thursday, Oct. 3: Character Ed Kickoff
- Thursday, Nov. 7: Food Pantry
- Thursday, Dec. 5: Stuff the Sleigh
- Thursday, Jan. 9: Rise Against Hunger
- Thursday, Feb. 6: Jump Rope for Heart
- Thursday, March 5: Music in Our Schools
- Thursday, April 2: Club Spotlight
- Thursday, May 7: College and Career Highlight
- Friday, June 26: Year-End Celebration