Submit a News Story
We want to tell your story! The goal of the Broadalbin-Perth Communications Office is to be the first and best source of information about everything happening in our schools. To achieve that goal, we need your help!
There are many wonderful stories happening in our classrooms every day — stories we want to share with the greater B-P community. But too many go by without anyone knowing they ever happened. We want to change that!
So, what makes a good story?
- Specific school, department/grade or classroom activities that differ from a “regular” school day
- Are your students doing a hands-on project? Are they working in groups? Are they using technology? Is there participation from parents, community members or guest speakers?
- Use of new equipment or technology designed to enhance student learning
- Specialized training for teachers or students (conferences, workshops, etc.)
- Human interest stories involving students, staff and/or family members
- Has one of your students overcome an obstacle to find success? Has a special teacher made a real difference in the life of your child? Did a staff member go out of his/her way to give our students a better educational experience? Is your class or club collaborating to support a worthy cause?
- Outstanding student or staff achievement/recognition
- Creating a new academic or extracurricular program
- Events that benefit or are of interest to the community
When in doubt, tell us anyway!
Complete the form below to help us tell your story. Please provide as much information as possible; if we need more details, someone from the communications office will contact you. Feel free to share one clear (not blurry) photo and/or video clip with your submission.
Most stories will be shared with local media outlets (print, radio and TV), as well as published on our district website and/or shared through other district channels (Facebook, Twitter, School News Notifier). Exceptional story ideas will be considered for video features and district and/or school newsletters.
Questions? Call the B-P Communications Office at 954-2640 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.