As we navigate remote learning during the 2020-21 school year, the Broadalbin-Perth Central School District counselors have provided some suggestions to help students adjust.
Find a schedule that works for you
- Follow a typical school schedule or plan a routine
- Advocate for yourself. If you are struggling to understand a concept or have a question- ASK!
- Take notes as you are learning and listening. It will help you focus.
- Take breaks and add movement into your day.
- Lock/put your phone away to help you concentrate.
- Make a list of tasks and cross items off as you complete them. Make the tasks small and achievable.
As a student, make sure to value the importance of self care. Identify what that may look like to you?
- Go for a walk
- Hug a pet
- Play a video game
- Text a friend or family member
Creating a work space.
Find tips on creating a workspace with this worksheet.
- A designated area to work can improve your attention, focus and productivity. Your workspace does not have to look like a classroom and it certainly does not have to be magazine perfect.
- Work Zones – maximize what space you have
- Parents, ask your child’s input. What’s important to them for the space? Do they prefer to work next to siblings or work alone?
- What kind of lightning helps? Natural light, a lamp, twinkle lights?
- Block out distractions
- Put away phones
- Face a wall instead of a window if you get easily distracted
Please call the main office of your school to connect with a school counselor. BPES 518-954-2700, Junior High 518-954-2650, BPHS 518-954-2600.